Sports medicine doctor for your sports injuries
Sports medicine focuses on the treatment and prevention of sports injuries as well as exercise and physical fitness. As a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and fellowship trained sports medicine doctor, Dr. Hannon treats athletes and other physically active individuals for muscle, ligament, tendon and bone injuries. He also advises athletes and active adults about how to manage and prevent future sports injuries. The most common sports injuries include:
- Concussion – caused by severe head injury
- Muscle cramps
- ACL sprains – The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is a ligament that stabilizes the knee. Rupture of the ACL typically occurs when you plant your foot and twist your knee to change direction, like a football running back cutting from side to side to avoid tacklers.
- ACL tear – The anterior cruciate ligament can tear completely, causing major pain and loss of knee stability as the knee collapses
- Ankle sprain – Ligaments that hold your anklebones in place can easily be overstretched
- Shin splints – Tissue that attaches your lower leg muscles to your shin bone pulls away from the bone, or becomes inflamed from overuse
- Muscle strains – Caused by tears in muscle tissue that cause pain and lost function
Bring your sports injuries to Michael Hannon, MD. Call 310-362-3099 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form. Dr. Hannon welcomes patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Culver City, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, Glendale and neighboring locations.