Expert care for knee injuries and knee pain
More than 100 million Americans have experienced knee pain. If you follow sports, you already know that knee injuries are incredibly common among athletes in all sports. Your knees, the largest joints in your body, are more likely to suffer injury than any other bone structure except your spine. Athletes and active people who like to push the limits often subject their knees to lateral and twisting forces that can lead to injuries. Common knee injuries and conditions include but are not limited to:
- ACL tear (caused by sudden twisting motions common in football and hockey)
- Baker’s cyst (popliteal cyst behind the knee)
- Cartilage injuries (kneecap cartilage damage common in skiers, runners, cyclists)
- Ligament injuries (sprained anterior cruciate ligament or ACL, medial collateral ligament or MCL and posterior cruciate ligament or PCL can be caused by sudden twisting, direct impact to the knee or outer side of the knee)
- Meniscus injury
- Osteoarthritis of the knee and joint pain (caused by gradual wearing down of the knee cartilage)
- Patellar tendonitis (kneecap pain)
- Patellar dislocation
- Patella-femoral chondromalacia (softening of the kneecap cartilage)
- Tendon injuries (tendonitis, ruptured or torn knee tendons)
Your knees are in great hands with Dr. Hannon, who is among the best orthopedic surgeons in the area. He’ll use nonsurgical solutions first and only resort to surgery, including knee arthroscopy, cartilage repairs, meniscal repair, total knee replacement surgery or partial knee replacement surgery, after conservative treatment options fail. His goal is to get you back to your sport and life without pain, and with less chance of re-injury.
Bring your knee injuries and knee pain to Michael Hannon, MD. Call 310-362-3099 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form. Dr. Hannon welcomes patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Culver City, West Hollywood, Santa Monica, Glendale and surrounding locations.